Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Quick & Easy Spinach Pesto

This is the first time I've made spinach pesto, and it's phenomenal! When I first tasted it out of the blender I felt like it was missing something. I let it sit in the fridge for an hour, and then I mixed it in with some gluten free pasta. Wow! It tasted great, I thought "Man this is made with spinach!"

 
It's considered a raw pesto if you use raw nuts. I didn't have any raw nuts on hand, but I will use raw next time. It's a really simple recipe and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

 
Spinach Pesto

1 tsp garlic salt

3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

3 cup Spinach or Basil

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 cup soaked walnuts or brazil nuts (I let them soak overnight)

 
You will blend all of the ingredients is a blender or food processor. I recommend having a spatula on hand so you can blend a little, push everything down, blend a little more, push ingredients down, etc. This keeps things from getting stuck to the side of the container instead of getting blended. Once you’re finished you can use it on pasta, salads, sandwiches, and whatever else you choose. It should keep 3-4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment