Monday, May 6, 2013

No Longer Playing Small

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.”  ~Marianne Williamson

One of my dear sweet friends sent me this quote on Facebook. “Our deepest fear is that we are powerful…” made me want to curl up in a ball and weep for days. Who knew being a powerful force of love and goodness could be so terrifying?  The thought of embracing all that I am and feeling love and appreciation for me feels quite bizarre.

My whole life I’ve been taught to look outside myself for love, acceptance, admiration, and attention. I was able to find acceptance from others by always being available, giving so much of myself that there wasn’t much left for me. I found admiration from others by doing all that I could and keeping an upbeat attitude, even when I was hurting inside.  I was able to find love from almost everyone I met because I have the ability to always see the beauty in others.

I have begun to see all the love, admiration, acceptance, and attention I want can also come from me. I can accept my actions no matter how unusual they may look to someone else. I can give myself lots of attention and care for my amazing mind and body in ways I never thought to before.
 

If you'd like a personal EFT script just for you send an email to AnnagEFT@gmail.com. Check out my YouTube channel for inspiration and to learn more about EFT.


No comments:

Post a Comment