Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Importance of Letting Go


I have been extremely busy the past few weeks with mommyhood, creating a new program, and organizing my relaxation class for moms. If you’re in Beirut and want to come, please email or WhatsApp me! Needless to say I have neglected my little blog. It’s very easy to get busy and overlook something important to you. And this blog is important to me.

Now nothing is more important to me than being a mother to Adam. Earlier today when I was sitting with him on his giant play mat, I was half brainstorming what to write about. That’s when Adam started taking books off the bookshelf, he does this frequently. He’ll take a few off the shelf and pick one out that looks interesting.

Today he picked “Eat Pray Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert. I usually read to him from the book he chooses…until he gets bored and moves on to something else! We ended up on pg. 184 with Instructions for Freedom. At this point in the book Elizabeth has been given a list of 10 different instructions from a guy she calls the "plumber, poet from New Zealand". The instruction that stood out the most to me today was #10.

10. When the past has passed from you at last, let go. Then climb down and begin the rest of your life with great joy.

Now most of the instructions pertained to Elizabeth and what she was experiencing at the time, but this one really resonated. It’s so easy to live in the past, either out of joy or sorrow. But it’s still the past! We are here now, in this moment and that was then. It’s very easy to struggle with this whole idea of letting go, but it’s so necessary. There is so much freedom and peace in this simple act, though in the moment it may not seem so simple. Once you’ve done it though you feel lighter and younger!

I am learning a little more each day how to let go, and how to love a bit more. There is a YouTube by one of my favorite EFT gurus Brad Yates called, “Letting Go and Letting God.” I’ve shared it before, in case you missed it check it out and tap along. 


In the video, Brad talks about surrendering, this can be pretty darn scary. You wonder what will happen, how bad will things fall apart if you stop trying to keep everything in check? More and more I see that in the - letting go – things are not falling apart, they’re falling together. You cannot hold on tight enough to make something work. Either it works or it doesn’t. And this applies to jobs, relationships, friendships, lifestyle choices, and so much more. I’m not saying you don’t have to put in any effort with these things. However, you should not have to force yourself or another to be or do in order to sustain something.

Let me leave you with this. You are amazing and wonderful right now. Without being 10 pounds lighter, with or without a partner, without the right condo, etc. You’re enough. It is that simple.

Until next time wishing you peace, love, and a whole lotta gratitude!


1 comment: