Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Amazingly Quick & Yummy Hummus Recipe

I love hummus and buying it at the store weekly can be a bit pricey. So when my best friend shared this awesome, raw hummus recipe with me I was super excited. I tried it and loved it. It's a super easy, quick recipe.

Store bought hummus can be expensive but it can also be filled with sodium and other additives you may not want to put in your body. What's great about this recipe is that it's essentially raw since you're using fresh zucchini in place of cooked chickpeas.

This recipe comes from the book "Going Raw" by Judita Wignall. You will need:

1 cup peeled and chopped zucchini (typically a large zucchini is enough)

1/2 cup of lemon juice

2 tbsp olive oil

2-3 cloves of garlic (peeled & chopped)

1/2 tsp of paprika

1/2 tsp of cumin

1/2 cup of tahini

Optional: a pinch of cayenne pepper

Put all ingredients, except the tahini, into blender or food processor and blend it all up. Blend until it's smooth and everything looks like it's been liquefied. Afterwards add in the tahini and blend for a short time. Pour into a cute little bowl and enjoy with veggies and gluten-free bread. For other videos on healthy living check out my YouTube Channel and my Facebook page.

This is a video I made showing how to prepare this incredible hummus recipe:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment